Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
We are dedicated to ensuring that there is a greater amount of sensible discussion surrounding diversity, that diversity is celebrated for the broad range of viewpoints that it can generate, and that ECE processes ensure barrier free recruitment and career progression.
ECE has a live Diversity and Inclusion Charter that positively demonstrates that we address barriers to inclusion across all key issues, and celebrates the diversity currently within the practice.
ECE Diversity and Inclusion Charter
- ECE embraces colleagues from all walks of life
- ECE welcomes people who think differently and challenge the status quo
- ECE removes potential barriers to recruitment and career progression
- ECE wants to be recognised for flexible working options
- ECE wants to recruit, train and retain the best people
- ECE wants to further develop our client relationships through shared EDI values
- ECE does not tolerate harassment, bullying or discrimination
Women in Construction
As part of our dedication to promoting diversity and inclusion, we started the Women In Construction Sussex working group. The aim of the group is to create a supportive network and empowering women early in their careers. Through networking events and panel discussions, we want to showcase women’s achievements in construction and architecture to inspire the next generation to pursue careers in a traditionally male-dominated field.
Supporting women in construction is not only a matter of fairness and equality, but a strategy that fosters innovation, productivity, and sustainable growth. Together with our other working groups, the Women in Construction Sussex group forms part of our internal initiatives towards providing a more equal, diverse, and inclusive practice.