Masterplan Revealed for the Future of Sussex Cricket
ECE Architecture has been commissioned by Sussex County Cricket Club to create a masterplan for The 1st Central County Ground in Hove.
This week marks the start of the public consultation where we will be inviting local people to share their views.
The project will be phased over a number of years, with proposals including:
- The redevelopment of the south west corner of the site on Eaton Road, improving the main entrance to make it both more visible and more accessible
- A new 5-star hospitality and event space
- Updated club offices
- Improved stands and facilities
- New and improved seating for spectators, supported with bars, new toilets and refreshment facilities at the north end of the Ground
- New seating stands for The Boundary Rooms
Rob Andrew, CEO of Sussex Cricket, said,
“Our proposed phase one redevelopment of the south west of the Ground will provide us with the funds necessary to invest in the improvements we need to ensure our future here in the heart of Hove. Our goal is to make our club sustainable as a business and to effectively support our fantastic Sussex-wide cricket community long-term.”
This will included replacing several buildings facing onto Eaton Road, including The Sussex Cricketer, with a new bar and restaurant, approximately 40 high quality apartments and a much more visible and attractive entrance to the Ground, with an additional service entrance to the west side of the site.
Roffey Homes, an award winning locally-based development firm, has been selected to work with the club on the first phase of the masterplan.
The proposals can be viewed online at: www.sussexcricket.co.uk from 26 February to 12 March 2019.Share this