The sensitive refurbishment of Worthing Town Hall has now been completed. The project is located on Chapel Road in Worthing which first opened in 1933, built in a neo-Georgian style by Charles Cowles-Voysey.
The town hall is a Grade II listed building comprising of offices and a Council Chamber. The building is also used as a venue for weddings and ceremonies.
The design conserves the building’s historic features whilst improving facilities for Adur & Worthing employees based in the building. Listed elements such as marble flooring, original columns, wooden panelling and the Committee Room have been retained and enhanced with a new historic based interior scheme.
Refurbished First Floor
The kitchenettes, shower rooms, break-out spaces and offices have been updated in order to provide welcoming visitor experiences and better quality workspace for staff. LED lighting and new double glazing windows on upper floors has been included to improve energy performance and thermal efficiency.
Areas such as the first floor Atrium and the Gordon Room have been decluttered and enriched with new carpet, furniture, and a fresh colour scheme, enhancing the building’s character, and creating a bright, spacious environment.